Thursday, October 16, 2008

The World as my Story

Hello!

This is my debut post, my debut blog, debut everything! I wanted to announce that my debut book "A Daughter's Promise" is being released from the Wild Rose Press Friday, Oct. 18... What a journey it's been!

This is my dream coming true! Since I was young, I wanted to be a writer, an author. I wanted to write about characters like the ones in the Little House on the Prairie books. And then I would tackle mysteries like Nancy Drew. Making up stories about people consumed me. If I didn't know someone's background, I'd make one up for them. But thinking them up was the easy part. When I started to put it down on paper, I discovered so much more! I could describe everything, everything about them. The world was my story! How great is that????

So here I am, on the eve of launching my dream. It's unimaginable. Incredible. Life altering. And I have so many people to thank for their encouragement along the way. Especially my family. If I wrote the countless ways they've shown their support, I'd run out of blog space. I'll be grateful to them forever.

What I've learned in all this...we have to work for dreams. Really hard. As our lives get so filled up, we forget what we love to do for us, our own individual passions. We have to dig down in our guts and remember what we dreamed about as a child. Then grab onto it and make time for it. Nurture it. Plant it in our daily lives. Then watch it grow.

If you'd like to see a trailer or more info, you'll find stuff on my website, www.christineclemetson.com. Also, I have a myspace at http://myspace.com/cclemetson.

Stop by next Thursday, if you get a second! The topic? Not sure yet. But something fun! LOL.

Chris

4 comments:

fred said...

Congratulations on your book! What a great story! Amazing that you were able to accomplish your dream. Oh and by the way great start to your blog!

Anonymous said...

Loved your book! So glad you have achieved your dream of having a novel published.

After all you've accomplished since beginning this book, you deserve a pat on the back!

Good luck with the next books!

Ellen

bill said...

congratulations Chris! It's been a long time coming and I'm sure worth the wait. Cannot wait to see it in hard copy.

RubyD said...

Congratulations! I know what you mean about wanting to write, but for me it was reading. From the first grade my teachers had to chase me out of the room at recess because I was always reading a book.....and I still and 64 years later I am still reading....