Sunday, June 28, 2009

Stop and Smell the Roses Blog Bouquet

Thanks for stopping on the Tour!

If you're looking for the next stop on the Stop and Smell the Roses Blog Bouquet, you've made it! Its a blog tour sponsored by the authors of The Wild Rose Press. Twenty authors, twenty blogs, and twenty prizes! At every stop of the tour, leave a comment and you'll be entered to win a prize from that author.

Find the Bouquet in your Life

We each have our own bouquets in life, made up of individual people who give us love and support, and play different roles along our journey. Put together, their "bouquet" enriches our lives and helps make us strong.

When we're born, we start out with the stems of our bouquet--our parents, brothers and sisters, and family. They are the root of us, the root of who we are. They are our foundation and the ones that show us the right way to grow and take care of ourselves. Then as we get older, and find our way through college and first jobs, we collect even more flowers through the friendships we make, work relationships, neighbors, and all the people we come to share our lives with.

As our life progresses, our bouquet gets bigger and more vibrant and abundant. Along the way, we learn that sometimes a stem will be with us our entire lives, while others may be with us for just the time we need them, or the time they need us. But no matter how small the connection, they can make an impact on us that lasts out entire lives.

Thinking through the tragic events from this week, I realized that Michael Jackson's awe-inspiring talent is part of my own bouquet. (Not just the fact that when I was twelve years old, I declared that I was going to marry him and we'd have three children!) But every time I listened to his songs, I danced, sang along, and always--always felt inspired. Years later, when I sit down to write a new story, but I'm not feeling motivated, it is the inspiration and go-get'em attitude of others, like Michael Jackson, that have touched my life and taught me how to get going. Whenever I hear one of his songs now, they bring back memories of being inspired and feeling as if I can tackle the Great American Novel. And as I learn more about his legacy through TV broadcasts and the news, I realize all of the lives his talent has impacted. It gets me thinking about how truly important it is to share ourselves with others--our dreams, our hopes, and our fears.

Think about your own bouquet. Who is it in your life that inspires you? Cares for you? Supports you? Find your bouquet, and hold onto it. Take a deep breathe in and don't forget to take time to enjoy its beauty.

A random drawn winner of a commenter on this blog will win an e-book of "A Daughter's Promise". See www.christineclemetson.com for an excerpt and trailer. Winner announced tomorrow morning here! Stay tuned.



Now....On to the Next Tour Stop


Please check out all the authors on the tour. Don't forget to leave a comment for your chance to win a prize!

http://amberleighwilliams.blogspot.com

http://authorsstudio.blogspot.com

http://bettyhanawa.blogspot.com

http://findagreatromance.blogspot.com

http://www.freewebs.com/lesmora/apps/blog/

http://freewebs.com/teriwilson/apps/blog/

http://grgiall.blogspot.com

http://hywelalyn.blogspot.com

http://jennfrancesca.blogspot.com

http://joycemoore.blogspot.com

http://lianalaverentz.blogspot.com

http://LindaHopeLee.blogspot.com

http://lje1.wordpress.com

http://noveltrails.blogspot.com

http://plotsandthoughts.blogspot.com

http://tanyahanson.blogspot.com

http://tinagayle.blogspot.com

http://traveltheages.blogspot.com

http://willtravelforromance.blogspot.com

32 comments:

LORETTA CANTON said...

I agree that everyone needs someone they can talk to and someone to support them. I have a best friend and my sister. The two of them I cannot do without.

Skhye said...

My friends support me. Of course, that's typical in our post-industrial society composed of nuclear families. ;) But, my husband has been there for 16 years. He gets just as much credit for support even though he's from Mars and my friends are from Venus...

Tricia Schneider said...

This is my own bouquet: My children have given me the motivation to reach for my dreams, my mother who inspired me to create those dreams and my husband who supports my decisions and encourages me to keep going no matter what.

Christine Clemetson said...

Loretta, Thanks for stopping by. :)

Christine Clemetson said...

Skhye, I love the idea of Mars and Venus! :))))) Thanks for coming by.

Christine Clemetson said...

Tricia, Your description is wonderful about supporting your dreams... thanks for sharing.

Caridad Pineiro said...

Wonderful sentiments. I am blessed with friends and family and so many other pleasures in life. A rich bouquet for which I am grateful. P.S. - Almost done with Nora and you're up next!

Christine Clemetson said...

Hi Charity... Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts... :)

Karen H in NC said...

My mother was my inspiration and taught me the value of independence and self-reliance. I'm divorced with 2 adult children who live 800 miles away from me so it is important to me, at my age of 65, to be my own strength. But inspite of the distance, they still provide me with strength and support.

Christine Clemetson said...

Karen--thanks for leaving a note. I know what you mean about having family far...

MJ Liming / Monique Parrett said...

My bouquet is made of up extraordinary family and friends. Some quite diverse, which makes it even more brilliant a bouquet. Even those who have left this world continue to remain in it as their fragance lingers forever in my heart and my mind.

Thanks for the blog Christine
Monica / Monique

Lauri said...

I agree, we all have our own bouquet, and need to recogize it!

Wonderful blog!

Marianne Evans said...

You're so right! I couldn't make it in life without the bouquets I've been blessed with - supportive DH, kids and mom and dad and brothers, and a best friend who is more like a blood sister than "friend"....it makes everything worthwhile! Thanks for the reminder! Great blog! :-)

Wendi Zwaduk said...

I have a great support system in my crit partners and a couple of fabulous friends. Without all of htem, I couldn't create my art or write worth a darn!

Susan Macatee said...

When it comes to writing, no one surpasses my writing groups for support. While my family is happy for me, they really don't fully understand what writers go through.

But in non-writing areas, my family is my main support.

Christine Clemetson said...

Thanks Monica, Lauri and Marianne for taking a look...All of your bouquets sound wonderful.

I loved your sentiment Monica about even those that have left this earth remaining in our hearts. Beautiful.

....Thanks for sharing. :)))

Jennette Green said...

Great blog post! Yes, Michael Jackson's life and death has been on my mind a lot lately, too. Your blog post was very thought provoking.

Have a great day! :)

Hywela Lyn said...

I love the idea of our network of friends and family being like a 'bouquet', a great analogy!

My family and my husband are a great support, but its my writer friends who really understand how difficult it can be sometimes - and how rewarding!

Tanya Hanson said...

Fortunately my daughter is an editor but for hubby and son, all this is blah-blah-blah. Not that they don't support me LOL. I have pix of my hubby in the hotel pool on recent vacation reading my book in public LOL. Yay.

Thanks for a great blog.

Christine Clemetson said...

Wendi, Thanks for posting. It's so true..having wonderful critique partners...

Christine Clemetson said...

Hi Susan..You are so right! I think having writing buddies really helps because they truly understand the business of writing.

Thanks so much for coming by.

Christine Clemetson said...

Thanks Jennette for your thoughts on my post...

I love your book cover! :)))

Christine Clemetson said...

Hi Lyn! Great to see you. Thanks for your kinds words & for stopping by. The TWRP blog tour has been so much fun! I love reading all the different blogs.

Christine Clemetson said...

Tanya! I love the photo idea! I am totally going to get my hubby to do the same thing with my book and take a picture.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty Hanawa said...

Lovely blog. Thanks for sharing.

Babyblue22 said...

What a wonderful way to think of a bouquet, never thought about it that way.
Between my two best friends and big family I have so much support and love, I'm truly Blessed to have so a beautiful bouquet.
~Afshan

Christine Clemetson said...

Thanks Betty for stopping by!

Christine Clemetson said...

Thank you Afshan for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed the blog. :)

Jana Richards said...

Lovely sentiments Christine. I'm lucky to have a great family and wonderful writing friends who support me.

Good luck with your book.

Christine Clemetson said...

Ok..here we go...I put all the names of commenters in a hat (well, really a mug)..the winner of an ebook copy of "A Daughter's Promise" goes to...Jana Richards!

Congratulations Jana! Please email me at cdclemetson@aol.com so I can get the book out to you. Hope you enjoy!

RoseAnn DeFranco said...

Bummer. I wish I knew about this. I just checked your website now. Oh well...Looks like you had a good time.

Christine Clemetson said...

Oh, RoseAnn, sorry you missed it! I'll definitely let you know the next blog event. Thanks for stopping by.