Sunday, July 26, 2009

Inside my world of a Book Review


As writers, one of the most incredible things that happen in the world of publishing is to get a review on your book that takes your breath away. And it happened to me this week! Two nights ago, I opened my email to find that Long and Short Reviews reviewed "A Daughter's Promise". After reading the review, I couldn't sleep that night. Getting a book contract felt like winning an Academy Award, so I would equate the feeling of getting a great review to being inducted into the Hall of Fame somewhere! Thanks so much LASR for reviewing my work! Click here if you'd like to read the review.

2 comments:

Tory Richards said...

Hi Christine,

The feeling of receiving your first book contract never goes away:)

I read your excerpt, very touching and I have a feeling your book is going to be an emotion pull that brings tears to the eyes. Also watched your book trailer. Did you do that yourself? That's one thing I haven't been able to master.

Tootles!

Christine Clemetson said...

Hi Tory,

Thank you! I'm so happy you liked the excerpt. It was an emotional story to write, and I learned so much about the time period and honor between people.

Glad you liked the trailer. I created with with Windows Movie Maker and my brother-in-law (a musician) wrote the music. The program isn't too hard and I think they have a great tutorial on it.. Also I used stock photos. Good luck!

Thanks so much for stopping by! And congrats on your writing too!

Christine